- Some house rules have the player place the paid tax in the center of the board for collection upon landing on Free Parking.
This space has many variations:
- .com Edition: ISP Fee
- Boutique Edition: Cell Phone Bill
- Here and Now Edition: Interest on Credit Card Debt and is worth $750,000 instead of $75, as the money is multiplied by $10,000.
- Major League Baseball Collector's Edition: Base On Balls
- NASCAR Collector's Edition: Luxury Suite
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Edition: Marik
In the UK Edition, Luxury Tax is changed into the £100 Super Tax space. At least one version (The 2000 Mac CD version), you can customize Luxury Tax to be $0, $75, $150, or $300.