|With 1 House||$200.|
|With 2 Houses||$600.|
|With 3 Houses||$1400.|
|With 4 Houses||$1700.|
|With HOTEL $2000|
Mortgage Value $200.
Houses cost $200. each
Hotels, $200. plus 4 houses
If a player owns ALL the lots of any Color-Group, the rent is Doubled on Unimproved Lots in that group.
Boardwalk is the second Dark Blue property in Monopoly, along with Park Place. It is the most expensive property on a standard Monopoly Board, and the highest in rent revenue. The name was inspired by the Atlantic City Boardwalk in New Jersey and it is typically the most desired property in the US Monopoly game. Its British counterpart is Mayfair.
Located between the GO and Luxury Tax spaces, Boardwalk pairs with Park Place to complete the Dark Blue color set. Although it's the most expensive property to buy and develop on the entire board, it's cheaper to upgrade than the Green color set because there are only two Dark Blue properties compared to three Green properties. Boardwalk is infamous and extremely coveted for its high rent, which can reach $2000 with a Hotel, the highest of any property on a standard Monopoly board. The chances of a player landing on Boardwalk is low due to the property's location on the board, but not impossible. If Boardwalk is sufficiently developed, it could seriously cripple or bankrupt a player who is unlucky enough to land on the property.
Boardwalk is one of three Properties to have its own dedicated "Advance to" Chance cards, meaning that no-one is completely safe from landing on this spot.!
- Rent: $50
- Monopoly: $100
- 1 House: $200
- 2 Houses: $600
- 3 Houses: $1400
- 4 Houses: $1700
- Hotel: $2000
- Printed Price: $400
- Mortgage Value: $200
- Building Cost: $200
Add your opinions here! (don't forget to sign using four tildes "~"!)
- "Talk about a double-edged sword. This property can be a blessing if you own it and everyone is landing on it but if everyone gets away scotch-free then you could be in for trouble later on!" along with
- "This along with Park Place is a double-edged sword. Especially if hotels are built whitch equals 3500 dollars combined. You'd have to break your legs to pay the rent."
- Just picture the reaction on your face when you land here with a hotel....and it's not yours..... GETENT (talk) 17:47, April 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Reminds me of Califonria - Expensive but worth it Maddox121 (talk) 17:47, June 21, 2017 (UTC)Maddox121
- One of my worst landing especially at the late game where you have less than $2000. TheAlLieDGeneralsTalk 06:39, July 28, 2018 (UTC)
- That feeling when you land on this and it is owned by someone else who put 4 hotels on it... GG RIP -TOTMGsRock, Nov 19 2018
- WHEN SOMEONE GETS BOTH THIS AND PARK PLACE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME!!! >:( BFDIFAN6080 (talk) 21:01, October 15, 2019 (UTC)
In the Mega Edition, Skyscraper rent is $3,000.